5k run ~ 13m bike ~ 300m swim... dash to the finish shoot!
Individual, Collegiate Cup, & Relays (no aquabike)
Date for 2014 is Sunday, April 6 , moving ahead one week due to Easter on April 20th, Spring Break week, and not to conflict with RTC race. Due to the early date and chill factor, we have a new reverse chicken! No estimated swim time necessarily needed, but give it to us anyhow!
The Scoop from the Coop!
Yearly kick off not too serious first tri of the season! Known as the funniest, fun, light hearted tri on the eastcoast. This triathlon starts at the Tuckahoe YMCA indoor pool where racers start with the 5k run first in 4 waves, flow back into transition to find their bike, ride 13 miles, head into the front of the Tuck Y, transition into swim outfit while you are already warmed up, and run for the 300 meter pool swim... 2 pools - ladies in south pool, guys in the north one, dash up to the finish shoot! Breaking new ground, don't miss spring tune up! Can you catch that crazy chicken?! Collegiate Cup Trophy and cash!
- This race is a great way to watch how things are done as you start your year! Join local pros to watch & learn while on the chase for cash!
- Chase that crazy chicken! You all know him!
- $300 cash for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd.
- Pool swim...EZ for first timers!
- The Collegiate Spring Invitational with scoring for the Team Cup. Cross country style scoring will dictate the winner of the cup with honorable mentions for 2nd and 3rd places. Low scoring age group points win – first place 1 point, second place 2 points, etc. Teams need a minimun of 8 registered to participate; we will take the top 5 places in scoring male and female combined. RMS will assist with local homestay options upon request to email@example.com Teams from 2013: JMU, VCU, George Washington University & Syracuse.
- Great spring tune -up time trial
- Contests continue for best mustache, best hairdooooo, & sexiest legs!
- Pre-rides and time trial swims start in March; dates are on the clinic calendar page.
- This event has a cool vibe and unique focus around your tri season training, with lots of fun education on eating healthy, setting up your race season, fitness bar, and how 2014 will go!
- 1st race of the RMS Tri series
- Are you ready?!!