300 meter indoor pool swim ~ 13 mile bike ~ 5k run
Individual, Collegiate, Relay & Aquabike (no run) divisions
Tentative date for 2014 is Sunday, April 6 , moving ahead one week due to Easter on April 20th and Spring Break week. Due to the early date and chill factor, we are discussing a new format.
The Scoop from the Coop!
This triathlon starts at the Tuckahoe YMCA indoor pool where racers swim 300 meters. The 13 mile loop bike course is rolling and leaves from behind the YMCA, heads west on River Road, and then circles around to Patterson Avenue. The 5k run is flat through adjoining neighborhoods. How quickly can you catch that crazy chicken?!
- Pool swim -- Men in one pool, Women in the other.
- This race is a great way to watch how things are done as you start your year! Join local pros to watch & learn while on the chase for cash!
- Chase that crazy chicken! See if you recognize who it is.
- $300 cash for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd. Pros and women get handicap time, and the chicken gets a lead as well!
- Pool swim...EZ for first timers!
- This year will be the Collegiate Spring Invitational with scoring for the Team Cup. Cross country style scoring will dictate the winner of the cup with honorable mentions for 2nd and 3rd places. All divisions can be scored – Individual, Athena (now 165+lbs), Clydesdale (now 220+lbs), and Aquabike. Low scoring points win – first place 1 point, second place 2 points, etc. Teams need a minimun of 8 registered to participate; we will take the top 5 places in scoring male and female combined. RMS will assist with local homestay options upon request to email@example.com Teams to date: JMU, VCU, George Washington University & Syracuse.
- Great spring tune -up time trial
- Contests continue for best mustache, best hairdooooo, & sexiest legs!
- Pre-rides and time trial swims start in March; dates are on the clinic calendar page.
- This event has a cool vibe and unique focus around Earth Day, with lots of fun education on eating healthy, composting, recycling, and how we treat our Earth and bodies!
- 1st race of the RMS Tri series
- Are you ready?!!
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a partnership between the Y-USA and LIVESTRONG. LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a 12 week program designed for and with cancer survivors to work on rebuilding their spirit, mind and body after cancer treatment. The program is FREE for cancer survivors and it includes a 12 week membership to the YMCA of Greater Richmond.
The Tuckahoe YMCA launched our first LIVESTRONG at the YMCA cancer survivor group in the fall of 2011. The money that is donated to the YMCA Strengthening Communities Fund helps cover the costs of the program for the cancer survivors. Without the donations from our members and the community we would be unable to offer a free program to cancer survivors.
The partnership with LIVESTRONG helps the YMCA connect these cancer survivors with tools and resources that have been created by LIVESTRONG and other partners to help the cancer survivor deal with the challenges of cancer and what to do before, during and after treatment.