5k run ~ 13m bike ~ 300m swim!
Individual, Collegiate Cup, & Relays (no aquabike)
Due to the early date and chill factor, we have a new REVERSE chicken tri! No estimated swim time needed!
Finisher beach towels vs shirts!
The finish will be inside, and this is the only reverse format tri in VA or anywhere that we know of. You will be stoked to race head to head with your age group competitors on the first leg, the run! This is the only tri where friends and family can watch and cheer you through the finish of the race from around the two indoors pools. It is as exciting as watching a swim meet; the finish energy will be electric! Don't miss this crazy chicken triathlon!
The Scoop from the Coop!
The season kick-off tri is our yearly not-too-serious, light-hearted, fun race. Where else will you see someone race in a chicken suit? This event starts at Maybeury Elementary, where racers start with the 5k run first in 4 waves. You'll flow back into transition to find your bike, ride a 13 mile loop back to transition, then dash into the Tuckahoe YMCA. You'll jump in for a 300 meter pool swim: 2 pools - ladies in south pool, gents in the north one. Pop out and cross the mat to record your finish time. We're breaking new ground, so don't miss this spring tune up. Can you catch that crazy chicken?! We're scoring for Collegiate Cup Trophy and giving away cash for the overall Top 3!
- This race is a great way to watch how things are done as you start your year. Join local pros to watch & learn while on the chase for cash!
- Chase that crazy chicken... You all know him!
- $300 cash for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd.
- This pool swim is great for first timers.
- The Collegiate Spring Invitational will have scoring for the Team Cup. Cross country style scoring will dictate the winner of the cup with honorable mentions for 2nd and 3rd places. Low scoring age group points win – first place 1 point, second place 2 points, etc. Teams need a minimun of 8 registered to participate; we will take the top 5 places in scoring male and female combined. RMS will assist with local homestay options upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org Syracuse U and George Washington U are in for this year!
- Contests continue for best mustache, best hairdooooo, & sexiest legs!
- Pre-rides and time trial swims start in March; dates will be posted on the clinic calendar page.
FETCH a Cure is a 501 ©(3) non-profit organization determined to improve quality of life by connecting people and pets through accessible, compassionate treatment and education.
Our vision is simple: A community where no one is denied a choice for their pet due to lack of options, education or funding.
Through community outreach by way of events, campaigns and fundraisers, FETCH is working to promote the need to help pets live long, healthy lives. FETCH continually works to raise awareness and further education about pet cancer prevention, detection and treatment and senior care and aging issues.
We provide financial aid to families unable to bear the cost of the life-saving treatments for their pets that have been diagnosed with cancer through the Companions in Crisis program. FETCH continues to work towards providing more accessible treatment options for all within our community.
Through the Pixie’s Pen Pals program, FETCH is helping rescue dogs and inmates in Virginia correctional centers have a second chance. By working cooperatively and bonding with the animals, the inmates learn responsibility, patience, tolerance and life-long skills and the trained dogs find life-long homes.
Also Benefiting: The Tuckahoe Family YMCA