Swim 400 meters - Bike 11 miles - Run 5k
(Aquabike division has no run...it's swim and bike only!)
- Finisher medals this year!
- All women... regardless of age-color-religion-ability-weight-whatever "label" that exists... just doesn't matter. Show off or don't, this tri is a happy place!
- You guessed it – all pink, purple, magenta, lavender, or fuchsia swag!
- Best race for first-time female triathlons... but there is a hill or 2 ladies!
- It's near the end of summer, you have all year to train. It's your time, ladies!
- Reunite with your best friends, mom, daughter, cousin, college buddy, high school bud, niece, neighborhood, or women's group
- Pool swim in the Midlo Y – outdoor 25meter, EZ less than quarter mile, walk it... breast stroke, back stroke, hang on the lane line, wait at the wall... "breathe" ...just make forward progress
- Rolling bike course, exciting, yet it does have a few good hills
- Run course is also a bit hilly, but doable
- Educational race briefing for first-timers
- Course pre-rides practices & clinics 8/4/13 8am bike, run option after
- Local training program options available on RMS tri training homepage
- Swim caps (optional due to our go-green commitment)
- Be ready to recycle and compost at all RMS races.
- This pink tri has great karma, this is the 5th annual... a staple in the local race scene
- Many race options: individual, relay, athena, student, aquabike (no run)
- Race director Laurie Mehler believes the next USA President might be female; that women are the most organized, creative, loving, nuturing, grounded humans on the planet; and WOMEN ROCK!
- RMS & Commonwealth Sports Medicine are businesses owned by women. Come play...we know what you want. :)
- Race #5 in the RMS triathlon race series
No Join Fee Special Offer – As an incentive to help you train for the Pink Power Triathlon, the Midlothian Family YMCA will waive your Joining Fee when you join the Y!
As part of your membership, the Y offers 3 FREE personal training sessions to get your exercise routine off to a good start. Your Metro membership gives you access to all 17 YMCA branch locations in the Greater Richmond area and all memberships are contract-free! Please contact the Member Services Director, Catherine Kingston, at the Midlothian Family YMCA for more information.
OF GREATER RICHMOND
Girls on the Run is a curriculum-based, after-school character development program designed for 3rd – 5th grade girls of ALL fitness and ability levels. The 10-12 week curriculum attempts to help each girl find and stay true to her REAL self. Groups of 8 to 15 girls meet twice a week with their trained, volunteer coaches to discuss important life lessons while creatively integrating fun running activities and games.
Girls on the Run emphasizes independent thinking, making healthy choices, healthy group dynamics and problem solving. The curriculum stresses peer support and doing your best. The program finishes with the girls running or walking in a non-competitive 5k event.