Richmond Multisports Mission:
RMS is Richmond's Triathlon Production headquarters with 10 events: Love Rox half marathon & 10k , Chasing Chicken Sprint Tri, Children's Hospital Power Kids Tri, GroundForce IT Power Sprint Tri, Naylor’s Beach Olympic/Sprint/Du, Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri & Du, I Love the Tavern Sprint Tri, CSM Pink Power Women’s sprint Tri, Richmond Rox new half Iron Distance, and Richmond Sprint. We are passionate about creating triathlon race experiences that promote, inspire, educate, and empower all individuals inclusively to enhance their lives and physical health. We encourage you to "try a tri"!
Founded by a triathlete in March of 2004, RMS is a Triathlon event production company, specializing in adult and kids triathlons,duathlons, and a new half marathon & 10k. We also offer relay, swim-bike only, and corporate/club training team options. We also incorporate challenged athletes. We work with all local tri training entities to benefit all equally. We bring diverse people together with common interests to create lasting human connections.
These exciting events have a fun, festive atmosphere for the athletes, their families, friends, volunteers, and for our supporting sponsors in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are proud to be a VA Green certified company with a commitment to our Earth and consciousness of what we leave behind for our children. Join us today!
RMS Core Values
- We value our athletes, volunteers, local supporting partners and sponsors that are directly connected to health & fitness
- We set our priorities in order of safety, excellence toward the athlete's experience, and professional event execution
- We aim to under promise and over deliver
- We connect athletes to resources in order to educate and help them improve and learn as they strive for their race & body goals
The RMS Triathlete
- 60% are 30-49 years of age
- 52% Male/48% Female for Sprints
- 61% Males/39% Female for Endurance
- 63% of our triathletes are married; 44% have kids
- Driven, highly educated and high achievers
- 35% growth of the RMS triathlete demographic from 2009 - 2010 with balanced single digit growth to current year.
- 30-40% first time triathletes participate in the RMS sprints
The Sport At a glance
- According to Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association, an estimated 2.3 million people completed a triathlon last year a 55% increase over the year before. ~ 2011
- Triathlon is the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Olympic movement. ~2008
- USA Triathlon states that 30% of triathletes earn 100K-150K/year ~ 2011