Triathlon Race Distances
Swim 650 m - Bike 18 miles - Run 5 K
- Best first timer's open water sprint tri because you swim downstream with the current!
- Pre swims, pre rides & runs!
- Beautiful park setting at Robious Landing Park in Chesterfield County right on the James River
- Things to do in Richmond for out of towners
- Bike is an "L" shaped course, has a few hills, one good climb, then fly on the way home
- Run is fun & unique, 70% trail, cool bridges, trail parallels the river in parts, basically flat with some tiny grades, very wooded, a mental break from road running, with turns and switch backs. You will not be bored!
- Post race BBQ is provided by our title sponsor the Tavern Restaurant with vegan options as well.
- So many race options: individual, relay, clydesdale, athena, student, and aquabike divisions
- Come by the Tavern Restaurant for lunch or dinner Fri, Sat, or Sun meet owner Chris Danahy, 19 time IM finisher. Thank you Chris for giving back and supporting the sport in Richmond! The Tavern has owned the race title for 6 years!
- This is another VA Green event
- Be ready to recycle and compost at all RMS races. Click here for landfill diversion reports.
- Pre race briefing is for first timers, triathletes that have not raced this course before, and open to the public for newbies.
- See Swim description to learn about TRIgirl/TRIquest Swim Angel Crew
The mission of United Athletics is to pair local athletes with individuals who require physical assistance to participate in a variety of events - swimming, biking, running, and triathlon races. Participation in sporting events promotes both social inclusion and fellowship in a healthy athletic environment.