Check out the video from last year's race HERE!
Half Marathon Start 10:00am
10k Start 10:15am << THIS IS A CHANGE
Thank you all runners that ran Love Rox this year! Stay tuned as we are setting agreements for the event on Feb 22, 2015. Also, we appreciate the excellent survey feedback & comments.
The start & finish is at the Greater Richmond Convention Center, inside warm & cozy post race party, new timing, new start times, and a brand new never been done before unique experience! This event is for sure a paradigm shifter! RMS is very proud to partner with the Virginia Wine Expo.
- This event is unique as it combines the Love Rox Half Marathon & 10k urban beautiful, winter running race with the Virginia Wine Expo! The entry fee includes the $40 advanced ticket price to the Sunday "Walk Around Grand Tasting" where you can taste & buy 450+ bottles of Virginia wine with your complementary Riedel ® crystal wine glass! Must be 21 & older.
- Not a wine lover? How about beer? The GRCC will offer a "Beer Lovers Only" station for those who desire a brewsky.
- This event fills a void in the RVA race calendar... the perfect training run for upcoming spring 10Ks, half marathons, marathons, half & full ironman races, and the 2014 triathlon season. Use this race as your qualifier results link for the Monument Ave 10k.
- Lovely Finisher medals for all
- Long sleeve technical shirts
- Enter to win the "Best Love Rox Outfit" contest!
- Designated changing areas in the restrooms for men & women if you wish to "freshen up" with special toiletries. The Greater Richmond Convention Center if you haven't been inside is very nice and used to accommodating thousands of people. We know you will be excited to experience a new post race indoors cozy comfortable atmosphere!
- Both marathon & 10k courses feature great cityscapes and riverfront running
- The new course has a few short hills, a long downhill, and a gradual ascent from Lee bridge with a nice decent toward the James River and elevation gain of 387 feet per lap on the half course. The 10k elevation is slightly less.
- Race starts and finishes downtown with tons of great hotels and restaurants in the middle of an evolving, revitalized RVA!
- Indoor cozy, warm post race party this year!
- Late start time-- roll out of bed when we have some daylight! ( half @ 10am; 10k @ 10:15am << this is a change for the 10K )
- Post race music with special dedication requests for friends, lovers and running partners
- Order your special someone flowers from Strange's and have it waiting for them at the finishline. Three different options $25 (#STR-82927), $30 (#STR-82928), and$50 (#STR-82933). Call 804-237-1197, Monday through Saturday and place your order today! ORDER DEADLINE IS THURSDAY of race week at 5:00 P.M.
- Sportable.org Valet Bag Check to keep your valuables safe during the race and accessible after the race. Bring a tip so you can stash your gear at the Sportable table and support one of the most important non-profits in Richmond. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
- Catered Hot "Love potion" soup/stew to keep you refueled and warm, as well as post-race bagels, fruit, cookies, candy, and drinks.
- Coffee, hot chocolate, muffins, scones & doughnuts will be available for purchase for $2.00. Look for the Espresso A-Go-Go coffee cart on 5th street (in between the Richmond Convention Center & Coliseum).
- LOVE ROX logo backdrop for keepsake finisher photos... let all your friends know that you were one of the first to fall in love with this addition to the race calendar.
- Optional Race Number stickers to indicate relationship status. Are you Single? Committed? or It's Complicated! Racing with us is the best version of "speed dating"!
- Some great spectator spots along the route and river, as well as awesome local restaurant hang out spots. Spec "hang outs": 7th street @ the Richmond Coliseum, Casa del Barco, Legend Brewery Co, Hull Street @ Manchester across from Flood Wall Park water stop, top of the flood wall overlook, and VA War Memorial.
The reason Sportable exists is to transform the lives of people with physical and visual disabilities through sport!