Race Distance Olympic
Olympic: Swim 1500 meters - Bike 40 k - Run 10 k Aquabike Division: no Run
- Point to Point swim with the current! Yeah!
- Collegiate Cup Trophy & homestays
- See sprint & du separate race pages
- The Olympic Distance, Sprint and Duathlon are still on the same day as this event
- 9th annual
- Nancy and Clifton took over ownership and management of the campground in 2012 and have given it a facelift and it looks great! Great people
- Peaceful & relaxing atmosphere... excellent break from the city
- Naylor's Beach is a campground right on the clean Rappahannock River
- Wetsuit eligible in 2012, river temp was 77 degrees.
- Bike is very rolling and hilly, yet scenic with a rural country setting on the Olympic... too tough for you? Race the sprint, the bike is pretty flat!
- Run is flat, but not much shade, yet rural and beautiful
- The sprint course is 3 years old, but gaining in popularity
- If you don't like huge crowds and are on a budget, this event is for you, only holds 500 tops with all races combined. Race with your friends the same morning.
- The drive in from Richmond, DC, or VA Beach is only 1.5 - 2 hrs depending on traffic
- If you love to camp and cash is tight, you have an option
- Local police and volunteer support is obvious when you arrive
- With a sprint, aquabike, du, and olympic distance options you can find a spot for your entire entourage or have your peeps volunteer
- Why Naylor's Beach? It's so laid back, nice city break, locals are so awesome and out to support you, the river is just amazingly beautiful! It's one of a kind, really nice get a way from the usual and the RMS production team just loves it as well!
Richmond County YMCA
Race #3 in the RMS Triathlon Series
Learn More »