Olympic: Swim 1500 meters - Bike 40 k - Run 10k. Aquabike Division: no Run
Sprint: Swim 500 meters - Bike 15m - Run 5k. Aquabike Division: no Run
Du: Run 2m - Bike 40k - Run 10k
- We are anticipating similar river temps to last year, which was "wetsuit-optional". The USAT Race Official takes readings the morning of the race and makes a determination regarding wetsuits. Read about USAT wetsuit rules HERE.
- Where is Naylor's Beach Campground in Warsaw, VA?! 1 hr north of Richmond, and slightly east! RT360 near RT 3 on the Rappahannock River, sweet!
- Sprint Distance swim is Point to Point with the current. It is the series' only open water sprint swim besides Tavern Tri.
- Olympic Distance swim is a right angle point to point to point, with the current.
- We are bringing crabcake, burgers, veg option post-race food back.
- 10th year celebration! Beer & wine at the finish to "pairing" with awesome food from Fat Finch!
- Duathlon has been brought back by popular demand! Awards for Top 3 Men and Top 3 Women only.
- The Olympic Distance tri, Sprint tri, and Duathlon are all on the same day
- ONE transition area for T1 and T2; no day-before bike dropoff, no shuttle bus, no fuss.
- 10th annual event
- Nancy and Clifton took over ownership and management of the campground in 2012 and have given it a facelift and it looks great! These great people are terrific hosts.
- This peaceful & relaxing rural atmosphere is an excellent break from the city.
- Naylor's Beach is a campground right on the clean Rappahannock River, if you are on a budget please call them to reserve your camp site
- Wetsuit eligible in 2012 and 2013.
- The Olympic bike course is very rolling and hilly, yet scenic with a rural country setting. Does that sound too tough for you? Race the sprint; the bike course is pretty flat!
- Run is flat, but not much shade, yet rural and beautiful.
- The sprint course is returning for its 4th year, and is gaining in popularity.
- If you don't like huge crowds and are on a budget, this event is for you. The combined cap for all the races is only 500, and you can camp out and race right at the same venue.
- The drive in from Richmond, DC, or VA Beach is only 1.5 - 2 hrs depending on traffic.
- Local police and volunteer support is obvious when you arrive.
- With olympic, sprint, aquabike, and duathlon options you can find a niche for everyone in your family or have your folks volunteer
- Why Naylor's Beach? It's such a laid back break from the city. The locals are awesome and supportive, and the river is just amazingly beautiful!
Blue Sky Fund is on a mission to provide transformational experiences for urban youth through outdoor education. We believe that getting kids outside, active, and engaged in new experiences helps them learn, increases confidence, and builds collaboration skills. We work with about 1,200 low-income students every year to expand their horizons and invest in their futures. Help us support these kids for their future goals! Thank you!
Race #3 in the RMS Triathlon Series
Learn More »