The Latest -
Powerkids Youth Triathlon Clinic - April 12th, 2-5pm
Join Endorphin Fitness at the Shady Grove YMCA for a Youth Triathlon Camp that will focus specifically on preparing you for the Powerkids Triathlon. Endorphin Fitness has one of the top youth triathlon programs in the country and their founder was elected by USAT as the 2012 Youth Development Coach of the Year. This camp will go over swim, bike, run, and transition technique as well as go over the Powerkids race course in detail. Cost is only $30. To learn more and register, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
USA Triathlon requires participant's age for registration to be age as of 12/31 of the current year of the event (not as of the event date). We will have 4 yr olds racing. If your child is 14, turning 15 after the race, they are not eligible to race.
8 am. Start Ages 5-8: Indoor Swim 50 meters - Bike 1.8 miles (1 lap) - Run 0.6 mile
9 am. Start Ages 9-14: Indoor Swim 100 meters - Bike 4.8 miles (3 laps) - Run 1.2 mile
- Best & biggest Kid's triathlon in Virginia ( professionally chipped timed including all 5 splits )
- Location is at the Shady Grove YMCA in Richmond's far far West End, some call it the "Short Pump bubble" where you have access to so many restaurants, shopping, and amenities like Short Pump Mall
- Kids ages 5-14 (age as of 12/31/current year!) 2 separate distances & start times, yes even 4 yr olds are racing!
- Distances are very "doable", even for the little guys, see race detail black box
- Scroll down to view the inspiring YouTube race clip below
- It's a Power Family weekend with parents racing GroundForce IT Power Sprint Tri the next day
- Finisher medals
- Children's Hospital boo boo tent
- Animal petting zoo farm
- Kona Ice
- Moon Bounce
- Fun full color race shirts
- Relay team option
- Multiple kids vendors for the festival with a focus on healthy kids
- Be ready to recycle and compost at all RMS races.
- Swim caps (optional due to our go-green commitment)
- Post race snacks & drinks
Send a kid to camp at the Shady Grove Family YMCA this summer! Donate online above or during registration. Please consider sponsoring a child and providing them with a great summer experience!
We need volunteers to make these events happen! If you can help out, please click the volunteer button. Thank you in advance!
Check Out the Powerkids Tri You Tube Video!