The Latest -
Healthy Kids Day - April 26th, 2014: 11-2pm, Shady Grove YMCA
Healthy Kids Day® and Walk is a FREE community event that helps families find fun through active play and educational opportunities and inspires them to carry that spirit of fun throughout their summer. Bring the family for a day of play, fun fitness activities, interactive nutrition demos and a family walk. CLICK HERE for more info.
USA Triathlon requires participant's age for registration to be age as of 12/31 of the current year of the event (not as of the event date). We will have 4 yr olds racing. If your child is 14, turning 15 after the race, they are not eligible to race.
8 am. Start Ages 5-8: Indoor Swim 50 meters - Bike 1.8 miles (1 lap) - Run 0.6 mile
9 am. Start Ages 9-14: Indoor Swim 100 meters - Bike 4.8 miles (3 laps) - Run 1.2 mile
- Best & biggest Kid's triathlon in Virginia ( professionally chipped timed including all 5 splits )
- Location is at the Shady Grove YMCA in Richmond's far far West End, some call it the "Short Pump bubble" where you have access to so many restaurants, shopping, and amenities like Short Pump Mall
- Kids ages 5-14 (age as of 12/31/current year!) 2 separate distances & start times, yes even 4 yr olds are racing!
- Distances are very "doable", even for the little guys, see race detail black box
- Scroll down to view the inspiring YouTube race clip below
- It's a Power Family weekend with parents racing GroundForce IT Power Sprint Tri the next day
- Finisher medals
- Children's Hospital boo boo tent
- Animal petting zoo farm
- Kona Ice
- Moon Bounce
- Fun full color race shirts
- Relay team option
- Multiple kids vendors for the festival with a focus on healthy kids
- Be ready to recycle and compost at all RMS races.
- Swim caps (optional due to our go-green commitment)
- Post race snacks & drinks
The SpeakUp5k is an organization created to honor Cameron K. Gallagher. We raise money to fund organizations that were important to her. Those organizations promoted happiness, positive attitudes and ear-to-ear smiles. This year, our particular fund raising will benefit the Virginia Treatment Center for Children.
Also Benefiting: The Shady Grove YMCA Summer kids camp programs
YMCA Summer Camp can be a memorable and magical time for children and families. By donating to the “campership” program you are helping send children to camp even if their parents cannot pay the full fee. Your generosity now will mean more happy children in September.
We need volunteers to make these events happen! If you can help out, please click the volunteer button. Thank you in advance!
Check Out the Powerkids Tri You Tube Video!