Half Iron = Swim 1.2 miles - Bike 56 miles - Run 13.1 miles
Olympic Distance = Swim 1500 meters - Bike 40k - Run 10k ( formally Rocketts Landing Triathlon )
*Richmond's only Half Iron Distance & Olympic Distance Triathlon
(Aquabike division is swim and bike only; no run!)
Richmond Rox Half Iron Distance Triathlon from Breakaway Frames on Vimeo.
- New - post race food by Buz & Ned's! More food, no stairs, & vegetarian options. Olympic-distance course added for your buddies!
- New - relay match program, matching up swimmers with bikers or runners! Email Sheri@richmondmultisports.com with your interest.
- Check out this awesome video of the Richmond Rox course, the only Half Iron Distance race in Richmond https://vimeo.com/58637778
- We are serious, but not quite THIS serious! I am a Triathlete
- Racer swag will include finisher medals, Headsweats visors, post race meal ticket, and race shirts, to name a few.
- Race site is located just 1 mile east of downtown Richmond at Rocketts Landing Village, Richmond's premier river front community with great views of downtown!
- The swim is in the James River, a 360-mile long waterway that starts in the Shenandoah Mountains and flows all the way to the Chesapeake Bay.
- The bike course heads east into rural Varina, rolling, but not difficult with grades.
- The run heads west into historic downtown Richmond, along the canal walk, Brown's & Belle Islands, across the pedestrian bridge over the river, back across the flood wall, loops back again on the VA Capital Trail, then finishes at Rocketts right on the river down below the Boathouse & Conch Republic Restaurants! M Bistro who is catering the post race food is located up top near transition. Parts of the run course have amazing views of the city and are off your normal boring out & back roadways. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!
- Gatorade Endurance is our drink sponsor! There will be 2 bottle handoffs on the bike course and aid stations are every mile on the run.
- Post race party will be held outside on the river below The Boathouse with spectacular views of the river & Richmond.
- Best time of year to race in central VA.... wheels down!
VCU Evans-Haynes Burn Center
The VCU Evans-Haynes Burn Center is a 16-bed unit with eight-bed ICU and eight non-acute beds. We treat 250-300 patients per year including pediatric and adult burn patients. The Burn Center serves as the regional resource for the care of acute burns and reconstructive needs of burn survivors and provides care for people injured from fire, chemical, scalds, electrical burns and skin loss injuries and diseases