Swim 400 meters or yards - Bike 20k - Run 5k
2 pools = girls inside - yards, guys outside - meters
(Aquabike is swim & bike only)
- Get fit - Have fun!
- New location of the triathlon is at the Burkwood Swim & Racquet Club in Mechanicsville (Richmond's East End)
- Richmond's longest running on road triathlon with a festive fall theme, dress up contests, & awards for the RMS triathlon "VIT" series! ( race 3 of 8 to be a part )
- This is the last triathlon of the season with the Tri Series Team Cup Award, teams with a minimum of 8 racing will earn points based on all age group placings. The top team with the lowest number of points will receive the Cup Trophy and $200, runner up $100! Teams include clubs, training teams, high schools, and collegiate teams. Cross country scoring, lowest top 5 scores in all divisions count including overall winners which will be placed back in their age groups only for scoring purposes. Tie breaker will be based on overall placings. There will be a random $50 prize awarded based on team participation & inspiration.
- This last tri is a pool swim using both the indoor and outdoor pools. Lady swimmers in the indoor pool, male swimmers in the outdoor pool. Both groups will execute a time trial start based on estimated swim times, fastest to slowest, swimming in a "snake" pattern starting every 15 seconds.
- Great event for first time triathletes, you have all summer to train.
- Stellar temps in October mid 70's.
- Post race food provided by Papa John's pizza, along with fruit and bagels.
We are a medical charity that funds surgical missions to underserved nations around the world.
Did you know that an estimated 30-50% of our world's population lacks access to basic surgical care? Or that a significant percentage of deaths in these countries are ammenable to routine surgeries that we take for granted? With your help, we can change that?