Triathlon: Swim 1500 meters - Bike 40k - Run 10k Aquabike division: no run
- The Rocketts Landing Triathlon is our signature venue located just east of historic downtown Richmond, Virginia and is the fifth triathlon in the Richmond Multisports series.
- This event offers a renowned course that canvases the city’s culture and history from urban panoramas to rolling pastoral landscapes.
- If this is your first time participating in an Olympic distance triathlon, this event is for you! In addition to the rivers low currents, we offer participants the opportunity for full briefings, pre-swims, pre-rides and pre-runs so you can compete with confidence!
- The bike course heads east along very beautiful rolling rural hills, no need to go train in the mountains! The pinnacle of the bike course comes as you crest the final leg, you will be whisked away by the stunning view of Richmond’s downtown skyline as you head back down to Rocketts Village.
- Our run course is packed with Richmond history. The first mile you will run on the Virginia Capital Trail, then traverse through the Canal Walk, over the 14th Street bridge, hit the historic flood wall along the river and finally the summit at a river overlook…nothing like it!
- Compete in comfort and leave your wetsuit at home. The beautiful James River maintains an average water temperature of 83 degrees in late June.
- This event benefits Sportable! They will be in charge of selling beer, wine, sodas, & waters at the event to raise funds for their physically challenged athletes. Please bring some cash to support them!
- Rocketts Tri is staged at Rocketts Landing Village, Richmond’s newest cultural hub. Voted Richmond’s Best New Neighborhood by Richmond Magazine readers four years in a row, the Village features brand new river front restaurants, boating and spectacular views of the city skyline.
- Eating options right at Rocketts! The Boathouse, Conch Republic, & M Bistro
- Richmond isn’t just a race destination, it’s an entertainment destination! Go shopping in fashionable Carytown, or mingle over great food and drink in the historic Fan District.
- Be ready to recycle at all RMS races. Click here for landfill diversion reports.
Sportable believes that people with physical and visual disabilities can benefit by the participation in sports. To do so, it takes a team to make a team.
Your donation to Sportable will help provide our athletes with accessible fields, courts, tracks and entry to the waterfront. It will also go towards adaptive sports equipment-chairs, cycles, uniforms, coach’s fees, transportation of equipment and tournament entry fees.