Aquabike Race Distances
Swim 650 meters - Bike 18 miles 7am start
- Inaugural USA Triathlon Aquabike National Championship hosted at the Tavern Triathlon
- THERE ARE NO QUALIFIERS TO RACE IN THIS CHAMPIONSHIP!
- This is the very first year for a USAT Aquabike national championship and we are very proud to have it here in Richmond
- How often does a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP come to Richmond?
- Space is limited due to the size of the park
- Swim is 650 meter river venue taking place in Chesterfield County's most beautiful Robious Landing Park
- Celebrate with us prior to the 4th, proud to be an American!
- Pre swims & pre rides are emailed to all registered participants
- Great for "tree huggers", takes place at Chesterfield County's beautiful Robious Landing Park setting right on the James River
- Coming from out of town? Go check out the Richmond Vegetarian Festival
- Things to do in Richmond if you are visiting
- Bike is a 18 mile "L" shaped course, has a few rollers, one good climb, then you fly on the way home
- Post race BBQ is provided by our title sponsor the Tavern Restaurant with vegan options as well
- The Tavern Restaurant welcomes all athletes for dinner Fri or Sat night, and for lunch on Sat or Sunday! This is a great opportunity for out of towners to mingle and connect
- Famous wicked soft high ring spun cotton alternative shirts. People sleep in these, beg, borrow, and almost steal to get them.
- Come by the Tavern Restaurant for lunch or dinner, meet owner Chris Danahy, 18 time IM finisher. Thank you Chris for giving back and supporting the sport in Richmond!
- This is another VA Green event, please B.Y.O.B ( bring your own bag and blankie ), recycle, and compost after the race.
- Pre race briefing is for first timers and people that have not raced this course before, and open to the public for newbies. ( Saturday 3:30pm at the park shelter )
- Music theme for this tri will be patriotic, country, American, blue grassy, very USA like.
- Out of towners check out things to do in Richmond, don't miss Carytown & downtown historical district!
RICHMOND CYCLING CORPS (RCC) is a prestigious non-profit organization that provides leadership and personal development to Richmond’s urban youth through the sport of cycling. The corps connects highly qualified staff and volunteers to provide cycling opportunities, outreach, academic support, and fitness towards our youth participants in a knuckles-down, all for one environment. We obtain funding through Richmond-area business partnerships and individual supporters all over the country to provide these opportunities to Richmond-urban youth at no cost. Check out this video!
Bring a Blankie! This is for the post race picnic for you to sit on and then to donate it to a local charity. BYOB... bag to packet pickup... go green!