First of all, thank you so much for offering your valuable time! These triathlons cannot be executed without you. Always give us your feedback post race of ways we can improve the process, that helps us grow. Before registering, please look over our list of positions. The various positions come with different arrival times & specific duties on race day.
Don't forget to reference your group or team. Register NOW.
Course Captain's Responsibilities
- Leading swim, bike, run, or transition course volunteers
- Attending one staff meeting the week before the event (about 90 minutes)
- Placing people in positions
- Leading their group meeting on race morning
- Insure that vols get drinks out on the course
- The go-to person for that course on race day
- Captains need to have great integrity, no excuses, be positive leaders, organized, a sense of humor when issues need solutions, a great attitude, and acute attention to detail.
- Captains receive a free RMS comp entry for one future RMS tri or du to be used within the year.
- Know your course
- Mark your course pre race day
- Make sure your team has on the RMS crew shirts to be seen by the athletes
The volunteer coordinator for each race is different. Please direct specific questions to 411@RichmondMultisports.com or call the RMS office 804-303-4833. The volunteer coordinator is a paid position with RMS. If you are interested in being considered for this leadership role for next year, please don't hesitate to call.
Love Rox = Meredith Whitehurst
Chasing Chicken = Kate Healy
Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU Power Kids = Maria Galbraith
GroundForce IT Power Sprint = Kate Healy
Naylor's Beach = Angie Sanders
Tavern Tri = Kate Healy
Rocketts Landing = Kate Healy
CSM Pink Power =
Richmond Rox half = Bryan Powell
Brickman Richmond Sprint =
Most events start at 7 or 8am. Each race has a timeline detail, click the calendar, the logo of event you are helping at, then race details from that scoop race page. In general, volunteers are expected to report an hour before race start which is listed on that race page. Those that are helping with transition, body marking, or parking, report 1.5hrs prior to race start. You should receive a confirmation email and will be contacted by the volunteer coordinator a week prior to the race.